Duration: 8 hours
Fundamental notions regarding the proper use of handcuffs and the application thereof on a subject, including
preliminary searches and pat downs.
• Legal aspects regarding the application of handcuffs.
• Legal aspects regarding preliminary searches and pat downs.
• The nomenclature, handcuff types and maintenance.
• Proper handling and grip.
• Proper positioning on a duty belt.
• Controlled take-down techniques on a subject from the escort position (arm bar).
• The theory of positional asphyxia.
• The recovery position.
• Approaching and handcuffing a cooperative subject (standing).
• Preliminary search techniques (pat downs).
• Escorting a handcuffed subject.
• Tactical communication.